Every day in each company millions of recorded events can occur – events about customers, sales, revenues, costs, etc. All this data can mean a lot if it is processed and displayed properly.
The course aims to provide a systematic skills set needed to work with QlikView and needed for the development of Business Intelligence applications for analysis and visualization of large amounts of data (Big Data).
QlikView is used as the primary analytical tool in companies such as Coca Cola, BMW, Cisco, Mitsubishi, Pfizer, Novartis, Qualcomm and many others. The course develops skills for working with Big Data, Data Warehouse, Databases, Visualization of Information.
Who are we looking for?
Students with strong interest in the area of Business Intelligence, Databases, Data Warehouses, ERP and CRM systems.
Participants with a good knowledge of Databases or Programming.
Very good level of English.
Duration of the course
Nine lectures and nine exercises 1.5 h. each – 27h in total.
Classes will be held twice a week from 19h at 1, Krum Popov Street, Sofia.
If you are interested, please send a short personal presentation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Upon successful completion of the course, a job offer will be made to the best performing participants.
- Introduction to BI
- What is BI?
- why is BI needed for companies?
- QlikView as a BI tool
- Main components of QlikView
- Data processing environment
- Environment for development of visual objects
- Data Sources
- Data Types
- How we access different types of data?
- Data Formatting
- Data processing (clearance)
- Connecting data arrays
- Transformation of: Dates, Numbers, Strings
- Build a Business Model
- Data Models Types
- Good practices
- Visual Objects in QlikView
- Object Types
- Object types specifics
- Visual objects classification
- Techniques in the design of the application
- Good practices
- Good practices in the development of Business Intelligence Systems
- QlikView Development Framework
- Source Control
- QlikView Server
- Access point
- Management console